Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Primary Colors

Primary Colors!

Objective: Identify the 3 primary colors and 3 secondary colors on a color wheel, and in works of art.
[2.3.1]



PRIMARY COLORS
 
RED
YELLOW
BLUE

SECONDARY COLORS 

GREEN
PURPLE
ORANGE
   

These artists almost use JUST primary colors in their famous pieces!
 

-Art by: Piet Mondrian
- Art by: Roy Lichtenstein

VOCABULARY WORDS

Primary
Secondary
Blending
Materials
Elements of Art (line, color etc.) 



Update:
During the Wednesday class, we worked as a team to create the color wheel. Some of my most active listeners, were invited to come help me mix the colors and paint them on the wall. They were all very excited to see the change in colors, especially the change in the color of the water. As we worked I talked about how important it is to be careful as we paint. I think perhaps with tomorrows class I might have the whole class make their own individual color wheels. I could really tell today that they were eager to paint and I want them to have that chance even if my time with them is short. Tomorrow I will gather a class list from the teacher, and assign them a seat as they walk in using colored cards (the cards and seats should also be numbered). I think this will help expedite the entrance time and give us as much paint time as possible. Rules are key for this to work though- after each color goes down, the brushes must go back in the water, and they should clean them one at a time starting with the numbers I call out. I don't want to think this class is just an opportunity for them to draw or paint whatever they want. It is very important to me that they begin to associate Art as an academic and cognitive journey.

"Art is a discovery and development of elementary principles of nature into beautiful forms suitable for human use."
-Frank Lloyd Wright, 1957
 



No comments:

Post a Comment